ON A TRIP TO DREAMLAND

ON A TRIP TO DREAMLAND

It was a bitter cold night
And I saw a horrible sight
The mosquitoes in my room were having a good meal
Of my blood that was very chill ;
The thunder stroke a frightful alarm
And I kept shivering calm ;
There came a plane violently
And I sat into it silently ;
Off we went through the window
To see the world below ;
We came to the
 grave of Alexander
Whose skeleton was still lying colder;
He asked -
I conquered the world
But God conquered me,
Could you conquer death
The only thing that overcame him;
Then far I traveled
And I was marvelled
At the sight of the world
Full of deaths
Every now and then
What man achieves -
Only violence and tears;
Would man ever live in peace.
I saw many wonders
Built by our nation builders ;
Soon the plane carried me to my home
And I said to myself to live in peace
Wake her up , said my Mother to my only brother
And he poured a bucket of water on my face
And I Kicked him and he did so,
It was a reign of terror -
Could man ever live in peace ?
        S ANANDHI
        6/6/95

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BEAUTY

THE MIRTH TREE

CHALLENGES(Damsel)