Sea shells. Conches

Sea shells, conches

What's that clinging in my hands
Perhaps sea's treasure I hold
Some sea shells, conches
From the salty seas that made retreat.

The colours creamy white
With brown and red
It holds
Imitations of nature's hive.

A freedom sound
So sweet to ears
When it's cling
It's a heaven retreat.

When you sing on it's mouth
It makes the sounds
Of seas and waves
Telling all stories of treasures withheld.

When its held in fours
It's a game
For all the growing kids
Throwing words for fun.

It was once a snail's nest
The tide that takes no rest
Sent the ones to ocean's deep
Where no eyes could make a sweep.

It's nature's haste
To throw more of these
Into my hands that play
With more of sea shells and conches that lay.

     S ANANDHI
      28/04/20

Comments

The seashells are at the same time the treasure of the sea, a game to children, and a freedom sound. They were the precious homes of some sea creatures. Very pleasant idea for a poem."it's nature's haste to throw more of these" is indeed a surprise to me! Very glad to have this surprise! I hope to have more like this! I was once collecting seashells on Thiruvanmiyur beach and have wondered like this poet. Great!
Thank you sir on the beautiful comments.just like you I too have collected sea shells and wondered at nature.

Popular posts from this blog

BEAUTY

THE MIRTH TREE

CHALLENGES(Damsel)