THE BURIAL GROUND

THE BURIAL GROUND.

" Hey, this is the way " , yelled my friend
Indicating the blind end.
Out of fun we stepped on the stones
To witness the ground
Were people are buried
How could man feel his last breath ?
It's a question kept my heart chilling.
Suddenly the church bell tolled
Some people came carrying a man
He had a child and a lovely wife
The person present in home for forty years
Has taken leave for the rest of the years.
How could they bear the void ?
Would they moan ?
Yes ! And how long ?
For a month or two ?
Then they would rise and strive,
For their bread and shelter
I found the living persons
Left the dead one among the lived
A sudden relief came to me
It's not a colony of the dead,
But only a pavilion of the lived
What a fantastic recovery
From the fear, from the vacuum !
Aye, this is the way
As I shouted , my friend
Wondered at my pitch...
            S ANANDHI
            11/8/95

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BEAUTY

THE MIRTH TREE

CHALLENGES(Damsel)